Re: [idn] case folding

At/À 02:31 2000-06-11 -0700, Eugene M. Kim you wrote/vous écriviez:
>I would like to leave this issue open for a while; it wouldn't be too
>late after we look at how different proposals deal with it.

I agree with this view.

We should make room in the requirements, in order to have some space for
engineering decisions. This idn problem is not simple, and it is pretty
clear from our discussions that the solution will be some sort of
compromise. We were able to discuss requirements mostly because we had many
proposals on the plate to discuss. We should be able to review different
alternatives, so we need not to tight requirements too much.

If we are stuck too long on the requirements, we will never have a
standard.  Worst, we will have 20 standards deployed. Then at that time,
trying to refine requirements will be waste of time: we will have to take
care of the current deployed "standards" and try to make one out of them.
Much more difficult.

Marc.

>Regards,
>Eugene Kim
>
>On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, GIM Gyeongseog-KIM Kyongsok wrote:

>|   considering that case folding seems quite complicated,
>| i like the above idea.
>|
>|   as pointed out by somebody else (who?),
>| cases do matter on Unix systems.

>| KIM Kyongsok/GIM Gyeongseog, Busan National Univ.
>| gimgs@hangeul.cs.pusan.ac.kr, http://hangeul.cs.pusan.ac.kr/hangeul/
>| Ph: +82-(0)51-510-2292, Fax: +82-(0)51-515-2208
>|

>--
>Eugene M. Kim <ab@astralblue.com>
>
>"Is your music unpopular?  Make it popular; make music
>which people like, or make people who like your music."

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie inc.
tel: 418-656-9254
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca

Normos (http://www.normos.org): Internet standards portal:
IETF RFC, drafts, IANA, W3C, ATMForum, ISO, ... all in one place.