Re: [idn] case folding

At 02:39 30-05-00 , Brian W. Spolarich wrote:
>   In any case, what are the timelines here?  The IETF meeting is at the
>end of July, yet the WG page at ietf.org provides a goal of June, 2000 as
>the "IETF Presentation and WG last call".  Is this WG focused on the IETF
>meeting as the deadline for getting something ready to present and move
>forward with?

         IETF considers the email mailing list the pre-eminant form.  In-person
meetings, while useful, are considered secondary to the mailing list.

         For example, any tentative outcome from an in-person meeting needs to
be confirmed via a formal WG Last Call on the WG's mailing list before
becoming official.  An outcome from a mailing list Last Call does NOT
need to ever be discussed again at an in-person meeting before being official.

         So we could close out this issue in June (I really hope we do) and
remove it from the meeting agenda for the July in-person meeting.  That
would let the July meeting focus on actual protocol design/specification.

Ran
rja@inet.org