[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [idn] case folding
- To: "Brian W. Spolarich" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [idn] case folding
- From: RJ Atkinson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:43:26 +0100
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:45:03 -0700
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
At 02:39 30-05-00 , Brian W. Spolarich wrote:
> In any case, what are the timelines here? The IETF meeting is at the
>end of July, yet the WG page at ietf.org provides a goal of June, 2000 as
>the "IETF Presentation and WG last call". Is this WG focused on the IETF
>meeting as the deadline for getting something ready to present and move
IETF considers the email mailing list the pre-eminant form. In-person
meetings, while useful, are considered secondary to the mailing list.
For example, any tentative outcome from an in-person meeting needs to
be confirmed via a formal WG Last Call on the WG's mailing list before
becoming official. An outcome from a mailing list Last Call does NOT
need to ever be discussed again at an in-person meeting before being official.
So we could close out this issue in June (I really hope we do) and
remove it from the meeting agenda for the July in-person meeting. That
would let the July meeting focus on actual protocol design/specification.