Re: [idn] IDN Patent

UTF-8 and UTF-7 predate this patent, as does the use of NCRs, so it cannot
apply to their use. If he has some other scheme, it really doesn't matter.

Mark
___
Mark Davis, IBM Center for Java Technology, Cupertino
(408) 777-5850 [fax: 5891], mark.davis@us.ibm.com, president@unicode.org
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=10275+N.+De+Anza&csz=95014

"J. William Semich" <bill@mail.nic.nu>@ops.ietf.org on 05-11-2000 10:45:35

Sent by:  owner-idn@ops.ietf.org