Re: [idn] Comparisons of the proposals

Dan wrote:
> You mean allowing something else than UTF-8 on the wire?
> First you have to tag each string with information about what encoding
> is used, second you have to make every DNS server handle those encodings.
> Very difficult. We do not want character set taging. That is one thing that
> makes handling MIME in e-mail so difficult.

The question is why not? We could easily say allow any charset registered with
IANA and tag it according to the number assigned by IANA. This allows both
localized encodings and also UTF-8. We are also not forcing people to use
Unicode (for those who really really hate Unicode).

Anyway, I am just throwing out ideas...nothing else. :)

Whatever the case, I think it is my responsibility remind everyone that we
should be discussing the requirements document more than implementation doc at
this moment.

-James Seng