Re: [idn] host name vs. domain name

At 09:44 22.03.00 +0800, James Seng wrote:
>IDN FAQ #1: RFC2277 is BCP, not Standard Track (yet!).

Note: It is BCP because it does not specify a standard that one can
test conformance to.

The rules by which the IETF operates are BCPs too.

I deliberately made this particular paragraph (not allowing protocols to
specify that UTF-8 cannot be used) as draconian as I possibly
could, and the community (and the IESG) accepted that at the time.

But again - this particular group needs to figure out its requirements.
THEN we can see if UTF-8 is the Wrong, Right or Only solution.

                    Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no