Re: [idn] Proposed suggestions from Asia Pacific Top LevelDomainmeeting

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 Mark.Andrews@nominum.com wrote:

> 	    Telnet uses host names.
> 	    Email uses host names or mail domains (these should both be
> 	    syntactically identical).
> 	    HTTP uses host names.
> 	    Traceroute uses host names.
> 	    hosts.equiv uses host names.
> 	    host.allow/host.deny uses host names.
>
> 	Personally I would like to see a similar distinction with IDNS.
> 	i.e. any character in a international domain name, a very
> 	restricted character set(s) in a international host name.

  I must confess that I am quite new to this mailing list.
If my question is silly, please forgive me.

  The above list shows that most major applications use host names.
Then, in what applications, can/do we use domain names?

> Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium

KIM Kyongsok/GIM Gyeongseog, Busan National Univ.
gimgs@hangeul.cs.pusan.ac.kr, http://hangeul.cs.pusan.ac.kr/hangeul/
Ph: +82-(0)51-510-2292, Fax: +82-(0)51-515-2208