RE: [idn] universal typability

Title: RE: [idn] universal typability

> > Karlsson Kent - keka wrote:
> > 1) Have you set the "always send URLs in UTF-8" "advanced
> Internet" option?
> > 2) Are the names stored in the DNS system stored in the
> UTF-8 encoding?
> > 3) Is the browser using the correct 'charset' when reading
> the pages?
>
> While I sound dumb sometimes,

I never meant to imply that!  (B.t.w. I may sound dumb sometimes
too!  Especially to those who know very much more about Internet
protocols than the very little I know.)

[summary of impressive series tests not quoted here]

> Frankly speaking, I wish I am wrong. I wish MS could do what
> they claim to do properly rather than all these inconsisent.

Ok, so there are some problems with some current desktop
applications. But not with DNS itself? Or?

And the problems with using UTF-8 properly in applications
are *very much* more likely to be *completely* removed in new
versions than the case would be for any narrow-band TES.

                Kind regards
                /kent k