RE: [idn] host name vs. domain name

Title: RE: [idn] host name vs. domain name

> > > I am not
> > > saying I like QP or BASE64. It increase the size of mail
> unneccessary
> > > BUT it works.
> >
> > With perpetual glitches due to the bad design.
>
> It's too bad that you did not help out by designing something better.

;-)

But there is already something better: use ESMTP/8BIT and send in
so-called 8-bit mode.  Then you can use any one of 8859-x, UTF-8,
CPnnn, etc. (as long as it is a sufficiently generally recognised
encoding) without any reencoding for the body part(s) of the message.

                Kind regards
                /kent k