Re: [idn] alpha v0.4

Karlsson Kent - keka wrote:
> > Suppose it is possible, are we going to fold that to :-).com?
>
> No, why?  Anyway, I still think we should retain the identifier-like
> nature of domain names, and that excludes symbols (general categories S*).

Oh sorry, perhaps I should clarify - my statement was intended as a
rhetoric.

I am in agreement that there SHOULD be an exclusion of symbols,
dingbats, other special characters etc (not just MAY). Perhaps not so
much as a technical requirement, but initially to miminize problems of
confusion. And confusion will be indeed a real problem. Just look at
U+2460 to U+24EA as an example. Imagine U+249B.com (20..com) :-)

maynard