RE: [idn] Comments on protocol drafts

UCS-4 per se is an encoding (32-bit per character).  Though
there are plans for Plane 2 (accessible via UTF-8 and UTF-16).
About 41 000 (41 thousand) ideographs are in "semi-late" stages
of being added to Plane 2.  I don't know about Taiwanese phonetics.
Do you mean the Bopomofo extension that is in Unicode 3.0 (but not
Unicode 2.x)?

		Kind regards
		/kent k