Re: [idn] Comments on protocol drafts

Yes of course you are right about the pronunciation codepoints
but they are unlikely to be used for domain names
or possibly even URLs. So it is an academic point.

Operationally, all dialects of Chinese use the same written form
(either traditional or simplified).
As for historical Chinese, I have less experience with that
so I can't comment, but it is unlikely to have anyone
wishing to use that in domain names. Of course, the
Premier Zhu Rongqi has one of his missing from the
GB (or even Unicode), so there are unusual characters currently in use
that are missing. So we might not be able to have a URL with his
full name but that is a not a dns-specific problem for us to address.

tin wee