Re: one-language solution

"Martin J. Duerst" wrote:
> > "Solution must be as simple as possible from the user persective that they do
> > not realise that IDN existed."
>
> Well, when I wrote that, I was more thinking about the protocol.
> And I meant that people shouldn't see a difference between
> ASCII dns and idns, either on the protocol level or on the
> user level.

I think on the protocol level, it is covered by

Implementors may proposal modification to DNS protocol [RFC1035] and
other related work undertaken by [DNSEXT] WG. However, these changes
should be as minimal as possible and it must be approved by the DNSEXT
WG.

This will at least discourage the implementors not to go too far off to
redesign a new DNS protocol.

> Of course people will get aware of the fact that
> they can use i18n domain names, or at least we hope they will.
> Also, I don't think this should be a 'must'. Maybe we don't
> get there completely. So just in case, make it a 'should'.

"Solution should be as simple as possible from the user persective that they
only aware that I18C are allowed without knowing IDN exists."

-James Seng