Re: one-language solution

At 09:46 00/01/24 +0800, James Seng wrote:

> > I really hope we can keep the solution simple. Ideally,
> > the whole thing is so simple that once people use it,
> > they don't realize anymore that internationalization
> > was not there from the beginning.
>
> Sound like a good requirement:
>
> "Solution must be as simple as possible from the user persective that they do
> not realise that IDN existed."

Well, when I wrote that, I was more thinking about the protocol.
And I meant that people shouldn't see a difference between
ASCII dns and idns, either on the protocol level or on the
user level. Of course people will get aware of the fact that
they can use i18n domain names, or at least we hope they will.
Also, I don't think this should be a 'must'. Maybe we don't
get there completely. So just in case, make it a 'should'.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org