Re: Matching and comparison

First thing: what the heck is the "Microsoft I-D"? I haven't seen this
referenced before. A better name might be helpful...

At 02:44 PM 1/19/00 +0800, James Seng wrote:
>One suggestion which we can think along is we do not do any case folding at
>all, including English. this would break the current English system to certain
>extent since RFC1035 Section 2.3.3 states that case insensitivity comparsion
>should be done.

This wouldn't break the current DNS system if we had different rules for
internationalized names than we have for the current all-ASCII names and an
easy way for systems to tell the difference between the two. This is what I
would propose for a protocol. But there's no need to spell this one out in
the requirements, I think.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium