Re: Fwd: Eeek - .NU Domains using

% >% A requirement that it should be illegal to do such mixing can be read as 2
% >% things:
% >% - A technical requirement on the solution that it should be easy to identify
% >%    the subset a character comes from, and either prohibit the mixing or say
% >%    that there is no requirement on implementations that they support this
% >% - An administrative requirement that no such label should be registered.
% >%
% >% The first one belongs in this group, IMHO. The last one doesn't.
% >%
% >%                             Harald
% >         Bingo. And what does the current, predominent implementation do
% >         in this regard?
%
% Does not understand that there is a question?
%

Ah,  You stated; "and either prohibit the mixing or say that there is no
requirement on implementations that they support this"

My query is in regards to this statement as it applies to BIND 8.2.2-p5.
My answer is that for BIND 8.2.2-p5 as distributed from ISC prohibits
character set "mixing".

--bill