Re: Fwd: Eeek - .NU Domains using $B%h(J , $B%H(J , $B%J(J , $B%o(J, $B%`(J - And More

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Martin J. Duerst wrote:
> James - What do you mean with 'character set' in this context?
> As we are working on requirements, and don't want to discuss
> too much about encoding yet, it's difficult for me to understand.

Sorry. Wrong term :-) I mean I would like to see a system whereby you can
intermix languages and script, provided it can be represented somehow.

I am working on Arabic domain names right now. Look great! but it just
strike me how werid it will be to see english mix into it...(Arab script
writes from right to left).

My answer to your questions below is "why not"? Why not designed a system
that *can* handle different language script within the same label but if
people prefer to use otherwise, they can too.

-James Seng