Re: My prod at IDN requirements

At 10:10 00/01/04 +0100, Patrik F$BgM(Jtstr$B‹N(J wrote:
> --On 2000-01-04 17.22 +0900, "Martin J. Duerst" <duerst@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > Who would want to register this?
>
> Many people.
>
> > If put anywhere in print,
> > what would be the chance that somebody types it in correctly?
>
> Exactly, and this is the reason why people want to register it. com (as top
> level domain) HAS a great value, and I can probably give you email
> addresses to 10 different people which want to "mirror" the COM TLD with
> the C<omikron>M TLD.
>
> We have to descide what to do with these cases.

Patrick, I don't get it. What's the bad thing about somebody
mirroring the COM TLD with the C<Omikron>M TLD? Nobody will
be able to type C<Omikron>M on a keyboard. So nobody will
ever get to the mirrored stuff.

Oh, now I see: It would be possible to send some faked mail,
containing e.g. something like www.ibm.cOm, and people would
click on it, assuming it is www.ibm.com, and would get to
some fake stuff. Is that what you worry about? Any other
things you worry about?

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org