Re: Default interactive folder search (Re: Modify wl-summary-pick to reduce IMAP traffic)

> > This change reduces IMAP traffic.  But it increases other protocols
> > traffic.
> I didnʼt realize that not supplying a NUMBERS argument to
> elmo-folder-search might slow down other protocols.

In almost all folders (except IMAP), when elmo-folder-search called
without NUMBERS, elmo-folder-search calls elmo-folder-list-messages to
get a list of message numbers.  elmo-folder-list-messages accesses
remote server.  Therefore traffic is increased.

On the other hand, when NUMBERS is supplied from msgdb (as current
wl-summary-pick does so), elmo-folder-list-messages are not called at
this step.  So I think it would be better that IMAP folder uses
server-side search (without a list of message numbers) and other
folders get a list of message numbers from msgdb when NUMBERS is nil.

--
Kazuhiro Ito