Re: [RAM] draft-iab-raws-report-00.txt posted to the ID repository

	Dave,

>     As editor of the document that captures the presentations and discussion
> during this workshop, how should incorrect statements be handled?
> Unfortunately, there are some errors in the statements that don't quite
> reflect reality (once example is in the Routing convergence section 7.3).
> Since the doc represents what was discussed, it may not be appropriate to
> correct the statements. Would any corrections or clarifications go into the
> future problem statement document that you mention?

	I understand your problem with 7.3. Clearly, we
	understand that IGPs can (and do) converge more quickly
	that BGP does. If I understand your concern, it is with
	this text (please correct me if I'm wrong):

	  The IGP convergence can also be very slow, which can
	  lead to intolerable performance problems for real time
	  applications such as VoIP.  The cause for this slow
	  convergence can be due to multiple factors, including...

	in that it seems to suggest that IGP convergence is
	*slower* that BGP convergence (correct)? If so, will
	text like:

	   While IGPs are designed to and do converge much more
	   qucikly that BGP might, the workshop participants were
	   concerened that the growth of the size of the DFZ RIB,
	   in addition to the various specical purpose routes
	   they must carry can slow  IGP convergence. The cause
	   for this slow convergence can be due to multiple
	   factors, including....

	or similar address your concern?

	thnx for the comments,

	--dmm