Re: [16NG] FW: Review on v6ops 802.16 deployment scenario (J Kim of AT&T Labs)

In addition,
if we want to see how 802.16 is deployed,
there will be other WiMAX NWG or 16ng documents.

Please see the 16ng charter
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/16ng-charter.html

- Produce "IP deployment over IEEE 802.16 Networks" to illustrate the
IP deployment scenarios including IP CS and Ethernet CS considerations
over IEEE 802.16 networks based on the WiMAX and WiBro. [Informational
RFC]

Thanks,
Myung-Ki,

Myung-Ki Shin wrote:

Thanks, J Kim and Daniel,

Authors guess most reviewers are confused with the title -
IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in 802.16(e) Networks.

It seems to me that reviewers want to see how to deploy 802.16,
not how to deploy IPv6 in 802.16 in this draft.
Definitely, there is a gap.

We don't think this draft can cover all the issues
for 802.16 deployment. (This is not a scope of this draft).

In abstract, the scope and goal are as follows -

In this document we will discuss main components of IPv6 IEEE
802.16 access network and its differences from IPv4 IEEE 802.16
networks and how IPv6 is deployed and integrated in each of the IEEE 802.16 technologies using tunneling mechanisms and native IPv6.

Anyway, authors will do the best to resolve the comments below.
Sec 1, 2.1 terms, and 2.3 problem statements will be reworded or,
removed, at least.

Thanks for the efforts, reviewers and Daniel.
Myung-Ki,