Re: Tunnels and diffserv question

On Aug 25, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Jeroen Massar wrote:

Simply copying over the inner ToS/DS field to the outer one should be sufficient. I haven't seen any implementation actually doing this though, but it could be that some implementations already do it in that manner.

the more important question is copying it back to the inner header on removal from the tunnel. This is optional in that specification, and I know of field deployments that do it either way.

Yes, common implementations do this.