Re: Resolution of my discuss comments for draft-ietf-v6ops-nap-02.txt

Fred,

Are you suggesting changing the text below in some
manner? It seems that this point is still covered under
the works in some cases/does not work in all cases
language.

(By the way, it is my belief that IPsec NAT traversal UDP
encapsulation is used commonly even for tunnel mode VPN
connections, for various reasons. The primary reason is
that when there are multiple clients behind the same NAT,
the NAT is unable to determine where a particular return
packet should go to -- the SPIs are different in different
directions and their negotiation is encrypted so the NAT
can't peek into the packet to find out. You can guess, but
there is no guarantee that this always works.)

--Jari