RE: draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-02.txt

Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
> I would be happy if I knew about deployments being cooked  that
> required /64 per user, let alone anything more. I still have a hard
> time imagining what technology will deployed at most sites that
> _require_ separate subnets, but I am trying to be generous and will
> accept that a few might be needed.

You appear to be focused on number of devices. Think different media types.
There is no reason that any new media type should be stuck with 25 year old
framing technology. We get there by default now because multi-media bridging
is known to be broken and to date routing has been too hard. There is
nothing really magic about local routing though so it is reasonable to
conclude that over the 500+ year lifetime we expect for IPv6 that differing
media types will arrive with framing that is better routed than bridged, and
that trivial management of local routing for structured topologies will
appear.

Tony