Requirements for IP-in-IP tunnel MTU assurance

Fred,

At the v6ops wg meeting during IETF64, I presented "Requirements
for IP-in-IP tunnel MTU assurance":

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-mtuassurance-01.txt

Paraphrasing from the minutes (see below), the plan was for
the document to try to find a home in a different working
group such as pmtud or softwires then brought back to v6ops
if the other avenues didn't pan out. Since IETF64, there has
been some discussion in the other groups but apparently no
sustainable traction, so I am returning again to v6ops as
suggested. Please advise on how to proceed from here.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com

Exceprt from IETF64 v6ops minutes:
IP in IP tunnel MTU assurance (Fred Templin)

	Draft presentation

		Tunnel mechanisms have no means of assuring tunnel MTU

		Issue: IPv4 fragmentation is bad, IPv4 path MTU is not
reliable (NAT, Firewall)