Re: RFC3484 problem: scoping with site-locals/ULAs

On May 10, 2006, at 8:49 AM, Durand, Alain wrote:
Trying them all at the same time for potentially hundreds of clients, many of them on different subnets than any of the 17 interfaces, is overkill.

Of course it is. But the discussion here is of the fact that we are trying very hard to pick one, and the one doesn't work.

I'm thinking that there must be a way to pick enough of them that one of the ones picked in fact works. And starting out by getting both the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in the same step seems like a rational starting place.