Re: WGLC draft-ietf-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-recs-00.txt

Please note that the title in the file has been changed to
"Recommendations for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls"
in line with the file name and the discussion in Dallas. This is necessary, because notwithstanding previous discussions in the wg, the IESG is unwilling to sanction a BCP for which there is relatively little operational experience.

The changes from draft-ietf-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-bcp-01.txt apart from changing the title are editorial plus updating of references to take into account the publication of rfc2463bis (RFC4443).

Due to a misreading of the I-D database, I have managed to replace RFC2461 with RFC4311 which is *not* rfc2461bis. Both rfc2461bis and rfc2462bis are hung up waiting for resolution of the M/O bits problem - hopefully this has been resolved just today so these drafts should go to RFC fairly shortly.

/Elwyn

fred@cisco.com wrote:
Per the WG decision in the meeting last month, I am opening a working group last call on the filtering document

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-recs-00.txt
  "Best Current Practice for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls"

Two weeks from Friday, barring substantive issues, the last call will close, Elwyn will post a final update, and we will send the report to the AD.