Re: Guidelines for Numbering IPv6 Point-to-Point Links and Easing the Addressing Plans

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 05:31:49PM +0800, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Not sure if it is the same, to be honest didn't saw it before. I will take a
> look.
>
> I've prepared this in December, when working with a customer, but didn't
> wanted to submit it until we had the time to try with different routing
> protocols, which we did only last week.

The aim of Gunter's draft is to give guidance for one of the most common
questions that seems to come up at the moment, i.e. 'OK, I'm deploying IPv6,
but what addressing plan should I use and what addressing gotchas are there
that I need to avoid?'

What we've done in the first draft of that is to create a strawman text
for discussion in Dallas.   Point to point discussion is one facet of the
draft, but there are many others.   I've not yet formed an opinion on the
idea in your draft, but it seems it could be captured as one part of this
bigger 'considerations' draft.

Tim