Re: Does a Teredo client send keepalive packets to Teredo Relays to maintain a mapping in the NAT ...

Le Jeudi 9 Février 2006 22:23, vous avez écrit :
> I apologize if this is in the spec - I could not find it.  I see
> the Teredo client sends keepalive packets to the Teredo Server to
> maintain it's address.    Does the client send keepalives towards
> active Relay's to maintain the mapping for active sessions?  Of
> if a sessions through a Relay goes quiet for 2 or 3 minutes is
> the session considered ended?

You have to considered such a session as ended. Relay maintain a list of
recently contacted clients. If they receive traffic from a client they
have not heard of for a long time, they'll ignore the packet.

Following the rule that you should be strict in what you send, and lax
in what you accept, you should rather restart the "IPv6 direct
connectivity check" through your Teredo server, when you have not
contacted any given remote IPv6 peer for some time.

If you wish to avoid the implied delay, you should send higher-level
keep alives, if specified at given level.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
Student-engineer at the Ecole Centrale Paris