Re: none

Hi!

Michael> Hey folks.  I was experimenting with creating an SMIng parser
Michael> and came across the following issue (was creating rather
Michael> confused tokens).  According to draft-ietf-sming-01.txt
Michael> section 6...

Michael>    "Note that double quotes are not allowed inside textual
Michael>    descriptions which are itself enclosed in double
Michael>    quotes. So they have to be replaced by single quotes."

Michael> However, extension snmp's abnf statement
Michael> (draft-ietf-sming-snmp-01.txt), sming-snmp.abnf, contains
Michael> double quotes.  Should these not be changed to single quotes?

Oops. Of course, you're right. Thank you, Michael.

BTW, could you tell us some details about your SMIng parser? Is it possible
to make it freely available? Do you use lex/yacc? What is the background of
your experiments.

Please note that the current sming spec I-Ds are just the current proposal.
There are still a lot things being discussed in the requirements process
that will lead to significant changes to the language.

 -frank