RE: [RRG] 2 billion IP cellphones in 2103 & mass adoption of IPv6 by currentIPv4 users

|If this is true, and it sounds plausible, and if this $ 200 billion
|industry (2 billion x $ 100 per) needs IPv6 and
|a new routing mechanism, why isn't this list flooded by cell-phone
|engineers ?
|Do they believe in magic ?
|Do they just don't know the IETF & IRTF exist ?
|Or do they have other plans ?

The mobile operators largely are disconnected from packet networking
technology and  are much more accustomed to a telephony style model where
their vendors deal with the specific technical issues and present them with
a complete, prepackaged technical solution.  They are extremely unlikely to
get involved here.

Imagine your local TV broadcaster becoming involved in setting HDTV
standards.

Regards,
Tony

Disclaimer: my employer (and more specifically the parent company of my
employer) is exactly one such vendor.