Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

Iljitsch -

I believe this is fairly common when third party consultants/vendors
need access to a network. I've had customers open holes in their
firewalls so I could connect to their routers on more than a few
occassions in my consulting days.

This indeed seems like a common case; thanks for sharing.

Having said that, the negative consequences of the questionable
firewall entries depend a little bit on the lifetime of those entries.
In the case you are describing, the firewall entries are probably of
temporary lifetime only.  This reduces the likelihood for them to be
affected by renumbering of the consultant/vendor's network.

Of course, one could image situations similar to the one you are
describing where the firewall entries have longer lifetime.

- Christian