RE: Does every host need a FQDN name in the future?//re:[RRG] draft-rja-ilnp-intro-01.txt

|Once the 128 bit address is split into locator and identifier and the
|locator will change according to the current network location,
|how could you
|know the locator part before doing some resolution in the
|id/locator mapping
|system (assume no such system) or DNS system (since this host
|has no FQDN
|name)?

It's not clear to me that you ever have to do a pure identifier to locator
lookup.  This is especially true since locators are only locally unique.

Thus, you always need to have a locator identifier pair before starting a
lookup, presumably to determine alternate locators.  Once you have the first
pair, you could do a reverse lookup to determine a name (and any name will
do) and then do a forward lookup to determine the locator set.

Note that I don't know if this is what Ran has in mind, but it could work.

Tony