[RRG] Map-encap, fragmentation, PMTUD etc.

I haven't been keeping up with the list of late, but noticed this
message, in the "Re: [RRG] Six/One Router Design Clarifications"
thread.  Quoting Pekka, Tony wrote:

> |As a result for encap/decap schemes I specifically want to see
> |how they 100% avoid fragmentation, or describe how they deal with
> |it.
>
> Cue Fred.  ;-)

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-seal-22

Please also take a look at:

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/pmtud-frag/

My approach is intended to cope gracefully with transition to
jumboframes in the DFZ - so it goes well beyond coping with the
immediate problem of the encapsulation overhead pushing the final
packet length over the 1500 byte limit.  I explain it in terms of
Ivip but I think the principles apply just as well to LISP, APT or TRRP.

    - Robin