RE: [RRG] Consensus check: mapping granularity

olivier, xu,

i suggest to refine the requirement: one is the nature / structure of
the identifier itself, the other is in terms of scalability
("aggregation" of identifiers), and the last one in terms of ID-to-Loc
mapping function.

> > Hi Tony and Olivier,
> >
> > Does this requirement imply that the identifier must be a
> hierarchical label
> > (not flat label) so as to be aggregatable?
>
> I don't think that a hierarchy is necessary.
>
> What is required is a mapping system that deals with blocks
> of identifiers and not with individual identifiers.

agreed. aggregates of identifiers shall be defined though to complete
the initial requirement. what's relationship between block & aggregate
of identifiers ?

-d.