Re: [RRG] Properties of mapping solutions

Noel,
    > From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com>

    > On 9 jan 2008, at 20:05, Tony Li wrote:

    >> Simply pushing a full map to everywhere is going to be expensive

My contention is that neither extreme end of the spectrum is going to be the
right place, but rather some place in the middle - probably with (as you
suggest) a number of different mechanism options, for places with different
usage patterns/requirements.

I missed the text in the message you are quoting from Tony (it's all gone by in a flurry in the last 24 hours), but NERD shows that actually pushing the data is not cost prohibitive, using today's numbers. What goes into primary cache memory is a separate question. On Linksys, I'm sure the answer would be "not much".

Eliot