Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

Eliot,

Mapping is sourced by the web page. Neither CE nor PE router. The web page allows to change ETR addresses as you like. ETR addresses modification is not related to the ISP connected to customer site. Such web page would be managed by whoever assigned you the EID for your site.

ISP just provides ETR addresses for the PE-CE link. And you do not need to call anyone .. ISP as long as it operates would still announce his block. PE-CE interface you were using will be cleared once you stop paying for the service. That is normal process not much different from today.

I am just trying to avoid additional complexity for no clear gain ... Let me know where is the gap I am missing ...

Cheers,
R.

Robert Raszuk wrote:

 > [...] Today you are connected to two ISPs. Mapping entry list two ETRs
 > for your block either your CE or your ISP PE router. When you need to
 > switch one ISP with another all you do is to change the ETR address in
 > the mapping database.

Where is the mapping sourced?  If it is in your CE router, then you have
rate*state problems when that line flaps (and we have reason to believe
it will flap).  If it is in the PE router, I have to call my now former
service provider to tell them to stop announcing for me.  That's the
provider independence part I want.

Regards,

Eliot