Re: [RRG] Re: [RAM] Different approaches for different protocols

Victor,

On 2007-12-20 20:27, Victor Grishchenko wrote:
Host based GSE would be fine by me, but I think that it would garner
a great deal of grief, in exactly the same ways that shim6 did.
Specifically, the thought of having to manage multiple addresses at
each and every host is NOT something that we automated in v6.  Also,
Dave Thaler might provide us with some entertainment at the mere
mention of host changes.  ;-)

That host changes might not be mandatory. v1 hosts get 1 address, v2 hosts
get a bunch.

IPv6 has always supported multiple addresses per interface. What we
are talking about is really whether an address selection algorithm
like RFC 3484 is sufficient to handle multiple addresses, or whether
something more sophisticated like shim6 (or SCTP) is required.

LISP is in some sense a step backwards since it assumes that
sites won't be running multiple prefixes, so the only use
of multiple addresses will be link local v. ULA v. PI.

    Brian