Re: [RRG] LISP etc architecture

Iljitsch -

This means that it's important that mapping systems are designed such that they can be deployed in each of the A/B/C scenarios. I'm not sure this is the case right now.

I don't think either that this is the case since the mode of deployment
is, IIUC, exactly what distinguishes APT from LISP:  APT aims for
deployment in ISP networks -- first locally within ISP borders, later
across ISP borders --, and LISP aims for deployment in edge networks.

Alternative deployment is not always possible:  While I don't see a
reason why APT could not be deployed also in edge networks, LISP is IMO
tailored to deployment in edge networks because it uses the edge
network's interior gateway protocol to synchronize status information
between ingress tunnel routers.

- Christian