[RRG] Re: FYI -- Informal LISP BOF scheduled for lunch time on Thursday

Hi David,

So today at the Routing Area Open Meeting you have explicitly expressed the concern that "routing is about to collapse".

I found this statement very interesting.

I have been following and discussing with various folks this new wave of fixing the routing. In fact I have my own set of ideas which are in fact very very close to what Lixia was already proposing. Till now even looking ten years ahead no one can show the significant proof that "routing is about to collapse".

Contrary there are number of vendors with deployed platforms which are today carrying ten fold number of routes what today's internet carry for some other applications.

So I think perhaps it is late before the BOF ... do you have data references which would lead you to believe that routing is about to really collapse ?

Cheers,
R.

PS. Said all of the above I think there are many other benefits for introducing the hierarchy in the inter domain routing .. hence I am very much supporting this as individual. I am just trying to make sure we focus on the correct problem not the imaginary/non-existent ones :).