Re: [RRG] Thoughts on the RRG/Routing Space Problem

I suppose that's a "split"; I thought Russ was worried that there would be two (potentially overlapping) address spaces, one for providers and one for customers, as opposed to a single address space which was divided into RLOCs and EIDs. For instance, there's been mention of using IPv6 for EIDs and IPv4 for RLOCs, which has some interesting properties.

Russ' concern is certainly a valid one, however it presumes that we're using the address space in a LISP-like way. That's not the only game in town.

With LISP, I envision a world where PI space and EID blocks are the same thing, and neither shows up in the DFZ -- other than a single EID aggregate that leads to anycast ITRs (to handle legacy senders).

That's certainly an interesting vision. The EID allocation problem seems like it could be quite daunting politically and only applicable to v6.

Tony