RE: [RRG] cache issues in LISP and CONS

Have you looked at the Behive replication framework? The authors have
demonstartrated it's use as DNS replacement (CoDoNS). It does proactive
popularity based replication, and allows you to meet arbitrary average
lookup latencies (O(1)). Based on the CoDoNS paper
(http://www.cs.cornell.edu/people/egs/beehive/codons-sigcomm04/index.htm
l) the system outperforms DNS on all metrics.

The Behive overview is on the same paper:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/people/egs/beehive/codons-sigcomm04/node12.htm

I have't tried to apply this to the mapping problem between EIDs and
RLOCs, but since Behive is prefix based, so there might be a beautiful
application of it to EID that have some hierarchy in them (=prefix).

Further I believe the mapping system should be such that it stays within
the core, i.e. all the mappings are resolvable within the BGP routable
core, so that resolving the mappings does not depend on any such
mappings itself!

	Jarno