[RRG] loc/id split and hierarchical routing with multiple address space coexist

I agree it's more necessary to run IPv6 in the hosts from the long-term
aspect. Since you want to upgrade all the hosts, why not step further to
embed some security features in the EID with HIP or CGA mechanism?

For example, we can adopt a hierarchical routing architecture, which
introduces LD-based routing and can support coexisting of multiple locator
domains (this concept is borrowed from Node ID architecture). LD-based
routing info will be exchanged among locator domain border router (LDBR),and
the nexthop of LD-based routing is LDBR's locator. The prefix-based routing
info is still exchanged among the routers within the same LD.

A scalable and distributed mapping database system is needed to maintain the
mapping of HIT, host locator and LD ID.

Source host obtains the mapping info of destination host firstly. If the
destination LD is the same as the source LD, source host sends packets
according to destination host locator directly, otherwise, source host sends
packets to one of its LDBRs, and the LDBRs forwards the received packets
according to the destination LD ID until the packets reach the destination
LD. The LDBR of the destination LD forwards the packets according to the
destination host locator.

In a word, the HRA is a two-level routing architecture which consists of
LD-based routing and prefix-based routing.