Re: [RRG] Re: [RAM] Tunneling overheads and fragmentation

   In practice, this is not really a problem.  Hosts typically do not
   originate IP packets larger than 1500 bytes.  And second, a survey
   has been taken (from a list of ISPs, see Acknowledgement section)
   where nearly all ISP link MTUs are either 4470 bytes or support
Ethernet jumbo frames of 9000 bytes. Therefore, we don't anticipate
   any problems with prepending additional headers.

What this really presupposes is that all ITR/ETRs will end up at large service provider sites.

If an ITR/ETR ends up as a CE device or embedded in a larger site, then I don't see how this
claim holds.

Tony