RE: [RRG] On the Transitionability of LISP

>              SHIM6  Six/  Mobile  LISP-   LISP-   eFIT-  Ivip
>                     One   IPv6    NERD    CONS    APT
>
> Address
> portability                       Y       Y       Y      Y
>
> Multihoming   Y     Y             Y       Y       Y      Y
>
> Mobility                  Y                              Y*
>
> IPv4 too                          Y       Y       Y      Y
>
> No host                           Y       Y       Y      Y*
> changes
>
> * Mobile IPv4 or IPv6 hosts making use of Ivip will need new host

Hmmm, that made me think. Drawing such a table is a VERY good idea, and we could extend it with a lot of other rows (goals) and columns (solutions), and also other solutions. One solution that should be shown in the table  is the use of PI addresses. Which then automatically generates a row for scalable routing tables.

And some people raised the issue that ISPs are advertising more specifics just for doing inbound TE or to prevent prefix hijacking. Do any of the solutions address these?

And there are a lot more.

I have quite a long list of possible goals in my head. I'll try to write them down until tomorrow grouped by goals of end-user/enterprise networks; ISPs; router vendors :-), along with how I think they are solved today.

András