Re: [RRG] RRG meeting

Hi Jordi,

It seems to me a bad idea making it on Friday. May be you can explain the
reason for that ?

It was the best of all possible evils. Given that we want an all-day session, our alternatives are pretty simple: before IETF or after IETF. The Sunday before IETF has numerous IESG, IAB, IEPG, and tutorial meetings. This leaves us with Saturday before or Friday after. As we tried Saturday before and got some enormous push-back about that, we thought we should try the Friday afterwards.

Against doing it on Friday, I see at least:
1) You pay for an extra hotel night
2) Have one day off (Saturday) in the middle of the "IETF" week
3) Being away for one extra day (with a useless day in the middle)

Perhaps I wasn't clear: we're scheduled for the Friday "after" IETF. Most people seem to leave IETF on Thursday or Friday. Folks who are already leaving on Friday do not need an extra hotel night this way. There is no "day off" in the middle of IETF week this way. Being away for one extra day is inevitable if we want to meet for a day.

I've expressed many times that seems to me a very bad idea for IETF to
arrange meetings (including Interim meetings) planned with less than 3
months in advance. It makes a huge difference to book tickets with less than 90 days, at least for those of us that need to pay the ticket from his own
pocket and/or are restricted to book low economy fares.

In fact, July 27th is more than 3 months from now, at least in my spatio-temporal non-accelerated reference frame. ;-) Given what happened last time, we are very sensitive to the lead time for the meeting and thus we are announcing the tentative time now, rather than wait for confirmation of the logistics.

Regards,
Tony