RE: WGLC for draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions-01

A. Comments & question:

1. Section 9.

I am Not sure that the following words are necessary in section 9,

' However, allocation from the "Deprecated" space
   can still be performed by publication of an IETF specification, where
   that specification requests allocation from the "Deprecated" space,
   and gives reasons why use of the Extended Type space is impossible.'

I can't see any reason why use of the Extended Type space is impossible, when the new allocation intends to use the code from 144 to 191 in the above "Deprecated" space.

I regard the space of 144-191 sounds the equal-right space as the extended space defined in the draft. Am I right?

2. Section 2.1 - Length

' If a client or server receives an Extended
      Attribute with a Length of 2 or 3, then that Attribute MUST be
      deemed to be an "invalid attribute", it SHOULD be silently
      discarded. If it is not discarded, it MUST NOT be handled in the
      same manner as a well-formed attribute.

      Note that an "invalid attribute" does not cause the entire packet
      to be discarded, or to be treated as a negative acknowledgement.
      Instead, only the "invalid attribute" is discarded.'

How about the compliant implementation will do? Will the Octets per the Length of the attribute, eg. 2 or 3, will be discarded? Then how to delimit the next attribute?

3. Section 2.3 - TLV-Length

' If a client or server
      receives a TLV with an invalid TLV-Length, then the attribute
      which encapsulates that TLV MUST be deemed to be an "invalid
      attribute", it SHOULD be silently discarded. '

TLV date type sounds a sub-attribute here. Why do we need discard the whole attribute if we adopt the same logic described above, in section 2.1?

B. Editorials:

1. Section 2.2

' When the More
      flag is set (1), ...
      255; it MUST NOT have a length Field of of value 4; ...'

Supposed one 'of' should be here.

2. Section 2.3 (The same case happened in section 2.4.)

' We define a new data type in RADIUS, called "tlv".  The "tlv" data
   type is an encapsulation layer which which permits the "Value" field
   of an Attribute to contain new sub-Attributes. '

Supposed one 'which' should be here.

3. Section 2.3 - TLV-Type

'As with Extended-Type above, the TLV-Type is meaningful only
      within a context defined by "Type" fields of the encapsulating
      Attributes.'

Supposed the above should be '...within a context defined by "Extended-Type" field of the encapsulating Attribute.'.

4. Section 2.5

'The expected use
   og this data type is within Accounting-Request packets, but this data
   type SHOULD be used in any packet where 32-bit integers are expected
   to be insufficient.'

Supposed the above 'og' should be 'of'.

5. Section 3.1 -String (The same case happened in Section 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6)

'String

      The String field is one or more octets...'

Supposed the above should be 'Value
The Value field is one or more octets...'

6. Section 3.5 (The same case happened in Section 3.6)

'Length

      >= 4'

Supposed the above should be ' Length >= 5'.

Best Regards,
Leaf