Re: Some comments on draft-winter-radext-fancyaccounting-00

Hi,

>> * For the Input-* & Output-* attributes (Section 2.2.3 ~ 2.2.6), Shall
>> we "re-use" the type specified in RFC2866, like 245.1.47, etc.
>   I would strongly recommend not doing that.  Re-using the type would
> lead people to conclude that the type space for TLVs is the same as the
> type space for "normal" RADIUS attributes.  This is not the case.

Also, the data types used here are actually *different* (64 bit
integer). Giving them the same number as an already existing attribute
with a mismatching data types invites sloppiness errors in implementations.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER