Re: Consensus poll for IANA #409959 NAS-Port-Type value request

Hi,

> Avi had sent an email explaining how this is not same as regular WiFi
> access. Please see the attachment for his email.
>

> Neither Avi nor I was at the meeting to re-iterate these points.
> Hopefully this explanation is sufficient. If not, let us know.

I for one didn't get the difference between normal WiFi and
WiMAX-Wifi-IWK. The email sounded like WiMAX is doing WiFi+additional
things, i.e. a "profile" of WiFi.

The argument in the meeting was: is the stuff that WiMAX-Wifi is doing
conformant to IEEE 802.11? If yes, it *is* WiFi and there's a
NAS-Port-Type allocation for it already.

If it is *not* conforming to IEEE 802.11, then maybe it needs a new
NAS-Port-Type.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--