Re: FW: [IANA #409959] General Request for Assignments

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> *3. Why should we just allocate a generic WiMAX NAS-Port and let
> additional data be included in a WiMAX Forum VSA? *

  I'm of two minds about this.  Subclassing the NAS-Port-Type by
requiring SDOs to add their own "WiMAX-NAS-Port-Type" attribute seems
inefficient.

  That being said, there's already a WiMAX-Transport-Type attribute
define.  So adding WiMAX-NAS-Port-Type might not be out of the realm of
possibility.

  Still, there are nearly 2^32 unallocated values for NAS-Port-Type.  I
think the only reason not to assign these values is for consistency, not
efficiency.