Re: draft-dekok-radext-dtls-02 comments

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010, Alan DeKok wrote:

If so how does one implement new packet codes in the future or co-exist
with systems that do not support all currently allocated packet codes?

 RADIUS has traditionally had a strong relationship between destination
port and packet codes.  The list of packets allowed to be sent to port
1812 hasn't really changed in 15 years.  When new codes are defined
(e.g. CoA), new ports are defined, too.  RDTLS follows this practice.

Well I have already said everything I wanted to. WRT port allocations don't say that too loud the IANA might hear you :-)

regards,
Peter